Research and Advocacy on issues of social and economic policy that advances the needs and interests of peoples of African and other third world countries (especially marginalized social groups), a fair distribution of world’s resources, and forms of development which are sustainable and fulfil human needs
Gained recognition in Africa among civil society groups, and governmental and inter-governmental institutions as bringing an additional angle to analyses of Africa’s development needs, and advocacy for improvement of conditions of its people;
Firmly established as critical link among African advocacy groups in areas of trade and investment, mining and issues of gender equity, through establishment and co-ordination continent wide policy networks.
Strong intermediating role and mutually reinforcing linkage, at levels of both substance and process, between diverse organisations and actors: including, on the one hand, including community based organisations, advocacy organisations around the world; and on the other hand, official policy institutions, research organisations, and international institutions.
- STATEMENT: ATN on WTOMC9 BALI Package
- ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! TIME TO ABANDON THE E.P.A. CHARADE!!
- *Speaking notes*":Political Will versus Political Legitimacy in Regional Integration: The case of West Africa"
- STATEMENT: AU Commissioner Trade & industry (on EPAs)
- ECOWAS Dakar Summit Communique (25 October, 2013)
- TWN-Africa briefs on EPAs
- PODCAST:Interview on EPAs
- 14 AIMES 2013: National Situation reports / presentations