The Political Economy unit (PECU) of TWN-Africa co-ordinates the Africa Trade Network which was established in 1998 by TWN-Africa, and has over 25 members from 15 countries in Africa.
The ATN, which has observer status with the African Union and the UN-ECA and strong relations with UNCTAD, has been a key vehicle for TWN-Africa's work on issues of trade and investment policy in Africa.
Through the ATN, TWN-Africa has given training to and provided information on trade policy matters to several civil society organisations, and mobilised African civil society participation in the international mobilisation on the WTO.
It was also a key vehicle in organising the lobby and campaign by African civil society groups around the Seattle WTO Ministerial Conference in 1999.
You can view more documents by visiting the PDF documents page here: http://atn-documents.twnafrica.org.
- FORTY WEST AFRICANS ATTEND WORKSHOP ON MINING
- Capacity Building Workshop for CSOs, Media and Artisanal and Small Miners
- NCOM Concludes Two-day Strategy Meeting
- AA16.1 Le leitmotiv de la politique américaine à l’égard de l’Afrique dans le second mandat du Président Obama
- AA16.1: La révolte touareg au Mali et l’impérialisme dans l’Afrique de nos jours
- National Stakeholders' Consultation on EPAs
- Public Forum on Mining Reforms and Contracts Renegotiation
- Statement -- 4th Alternative Mining Indaba